Friday, March 4, 2011

Chocolate Pecan Chewies

Chocolate Pecan Chewies

These are almost the exact same as Safeway's Chocolate Pecan Chewies.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups chopped pecans
  • 3 large egg whites ( do not use egg substitutes)
  • 2 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, plus2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tablespoons ground-up pecans (I use my Pampered Chef Chopper)
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon vanilla

Directions

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F

Line cookie sheet(s) with parchment paper.

Toast nuts until fragrant and brown. Cool. (I was impatient and did not let cool)

Beat egg whites one at at time, then continue beating while adding powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Add vanilla; beat 2 minutes on high speed.

Fold in toasted pecans.

Drop by heaping tablespoon on baking sheet 2-inches apart.

Bake in the middle of the oven 15-18 minutes or until dry on surface but soft in the center when pressed. DON'T OVER BAKE.

Cool. Store in an airtight container for 3 days, or freeze up to 1 month.

My Notes: I used my small pampered chef scoop and baked for 11 minutes. *I found with the first pan that I baked, the cookies were not flat and did no spread at all. I added about a tsp of water and that did the trick. The cookies looked darker, they flattened a little, like they should and got that crinkled look on top. Now, just to keep myself from eating them all. :-)

www.tips-fb.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment