Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Taco Potatoes

Taco Potatoes














Ingredients:
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • medium sized Red Potatoes (you can use any kind, but reds are our favorite!!)
  • Colby Jack or Cheddar Cheese, shredded
  • Corn, Frozen or canned, we prefer frozen
  • Petite Peas, Frozen
  • Lettuce, shredded
  • Tomato, Diced
  • Ranch and or Sour Cream
  • Any Other topping you may want

Directions:

Wrap potatoes in foil and bake at 400 F for 1 hour.

Brown ground beef in skillet with taco seasoning. Remove any excess grease.

Shred your cheese. Or you can buy the nasty, but oh so easy and convenient which you gotta love, but it doesn't melt and good pre-shredded cheese. :-) Place back in fridge until your ready to serve.

Shred your lettuce, rinse and spin in a salad spinner. Or buy the pre-shredded stuff. I like my lettuce a more finer shred than the bag stuff, so I usually do it myself unless I'm too busy, or being lazy.

In microwave or on the stove heat your corn and peas (I cook mine separately) with a little bit of butter, salt and pepper until hot.

Dice your tomato.

It's now time to plate it all up as you like. Unwrap your potato, remove the skin if you are weird like me and put as much or as little of everything on it as you would like. I do the works and top mine with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a mixture of sour cream and ranch that I always have on hand. It's even in one of those nice little chocolate squeeze bottles you can buy just about anywhere. Enjoy!!

Recipe from my sister in law Laura

www.tips-fb.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment