Friday, October 14, 2011

Caramel Candy Chocolate Chip Cookie

I have a bit of a caramel obsession right now. I will blame it on my girl friend Brooke and Bakedbree.com for getting me hooked. :-) I made some cookies last week that were a bit on the boring side and very dry. In the end I added a lot more chocolate and a bunch of caramel to make them yummy and boy did I ever do something right. These cookies are thin, chewy, perfect and the best cookie I have every made, or eaten for that matter.

Caramel Candy Chocolate Chip Cookie

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup (1 - 1/2 pint jar) Sea Salt Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (If not in caramel sauce)
2 1/2 cups uncooked quick oats
1 pkg semisweet mini chocolate chips
2 milk chocolate candy bar, coarsely chopped chilled
5 Rolo Candy Rolls; unwrapped and chopped (40 pcs) chilled

Cream Butter with both sugars. Add eggs one at a time and then vanilla and caramel sauce. (If using Sea Salt Caramel Sauce, you do not need the additional 1/2 tsp salt, unless you really want it.)

Pulse oats in a food processor or blender a couple times. I don't like mine to turn quite to flour, but almost. Kind of an in between oats and four. But either way is good, so go with what you prefer. Mix Flour and oats together, add baking soda and baking powder until combined. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture. This dough will get very thick, so if at all possible, use a kitchen aid mixer or get a work out in.

I find it best to chill the candy before I chop it. Pull chocolate bars out the fridge and chop. Do the same with the caramel candies. (I use my pampered chef chopper and it's a breeze) You can also do this before hand if you read the full recipe before just making them. I'm guilty of being sure I have all ingredients and then just diving in.

Mix chocolate chips and both candies into dough until combined. Use a small scoop and bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet for 9 min at 350 degrees F. (If you are not a big chocolate fan, reduce the chocolate chips down to 1/2 or 3/4 of a bag.)

Allow cookies to cool on pan slightly before moving to a cooling rack. Store in air tight container.

p.s. I apologize for no picture, that awesome girl friend of mine told me it looked like a thin hamburger patty, so I will have to work on getting you all a picture that does the cookie justice.

www.tips-fb.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment